We are proud to present you with the Zila Cake Mould Awards. We have tried to collect the significant milestones of the silicone cake mould family starting from the great idea in 2006 which came to the master confectioner, Laszlo Zila. In the beginning, you will see more national (Hungarian) awards, but with time we are happy to share with you more of international recognition. And we believe, the list is not close to final. The future holds more and more awards for this revolutionary silicone pan family.
- 2006 The master confectioner, Laszlo Zila started experimenting with his revolutionary idea of the cake moulds. Many versions of the cake tins have been made using gypsum. Once he reached the final appearance, the next set of cake moulds was made from stainless steel. And finally, from silicone.
- 2007 The world patent has been approved by the World Intellectual Property Organisation. Thus, it is restricted to use the shapes and construction of the unique cake moulds. So that you can be sure, there is no other product on the market like the Zila Cake Moulds. The genius idea behind the cake moulds with negative shapes and the preparation of the cakes with liquid filling started its journey in the world to be soon recognised as one of the greatest inventions in the food preparation process.
- 2008 To further acknowledge the uniqueness of the Zila cake mould family, a European Union Trademark has been issued as well.
- 2010 Three silicone cake mould from the Zila cake family appeared on the confectionery market in Hungary and worldwide. The first three cake pans with negative shapes were the 8 slices, the 12 slices and the 25 slices square cake tin.
- 2011 The fourth, but not last cake mould arrived at the market with 40 equal triangle slices and of course, with liquid filling. Meanwhile, the fame of the Zila cake mould family started to grow in Hungary and internationally as well. More and more bakeries, restaurants and pastry shops purchased the silicone moulds to use them every day and offer cakes with liquid fillings to their customers.
This is the year when everybody in Hungary got to know the Zila cake moulds, as the nation’s cake for the celebration of statehood of Hungary was made in the Zila cake tin. The apricot millet cake has been available in bakeries and confectionaries since then.
- 2012 The Zila Cake Mould family was first introduced on an international trade show, IBA, after an invitation from the German Confectionary Association. This proven to be the first international success which was followed by many others till present day. Meanwhile, in Hungary, the Zila cake pans won the Hungarian Quality Product Award.
- 2014 The Zila Cake Mould Family has won the Best of Budapest Award which covers not just the cake moulds, but the family-run Zila Restaurant, Bakery and Cafe in Budapest.
- 2017 In the Gulfood 2017 Food Show, the Zila Team introduced the latest invention, the I love cake. The brand new approach to celebrate love with a cake gained the Best Food Service Innovation Award of the show.
40 Slices Triangle Cake Tin – 10 Inch Triangle Silicone Cake Mould
£59.50Add to basketView Product
16 Slices Large Silicone Mould – 12 Inch Cake Tin£59.50 Add to basketView Product
25 Slices Square Cake Tin – Silicone Rectangle Cake Tin£54.50 Add to basketView Product
12 Slices Round Silicone Cake Mould – 10 inch Cake Tin
£54.50Add to basketView Product
8 Slices Round Shape Silicone Cake Mould – 7 Inch Round Cake Tin£54.50 Add to basketView Product